- ROOMS & SUITES
- PROPERTY OVERVIEW
50th Anniversary Celebration
The Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa at legendary Black Rock in Ka'anapali, once a playground for Hawaii's royalty, is celebrating its 50th anniversary throughout 2013.
Through the years Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa has served as the gathering place for visitors from around the world sharing special memories for families, romantics, adventure seekers, and meeting attendees on Maui.
The resort’s 1963 opening rolled out the red carpet and put Ka‘anapali on the map by welcoming high-profile guests including legendary singer and actor Bing Crosby, golfing great Sam Snead, former California Gov. Pat Brown, Duke Kahanamoku, among many others.
Today, visitors continue to enjoy the rich history and cultural activities the resort offers such as the nightly Cliff Dive ceremony, a tradition dating back to Hawaiian royalty and Chief Kahekili. Although it is Ka‘anapali’s oldest resort, Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa is also one of its newest since it was closed from 1995-1997 for a complete, $160 million redevelopment.
January 2013 marks the kickoff of a yearlong celebration of the resort’s Golden Anniversary, which starts with a multitude of events. Special "50 Years of Paradise" anniversary packages are available including promotional rates for the family-friendly 'Ohana Suite. Join us in celebrating half a century of rich heritage and treasured vacation memories with this year-long tribute package.
The 50th Anniversary package for our historic Ka’anapali Resort includes:
- Accommodations in Resort View, all Ocean categories, and ‘Ohana Suites
- $50 dining credit per stay to use towards poolside cocktails or lunch at Cliff Dive Bar or Mai Tai Bar, Ka’anapali’s finest dining at Black Rock Steak & Seafood, Teppan-yaki Dan, or Ka’anapali Sunset Luau
- Daily breakfast buffet for two at Black Rock Terrace
- Two (2) vouchers for our signature 50th Anniversary cocktail
- A commemorative Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa historic postcard book with photos through the decades
Click here to make your 2013 reservation or call 866-716-8140 and reference our 50th Anniversary package.