- Property Overview
- Rooms & Suites
Dining & Entertainment
Special Culinary Events
Ka'anapali Beach Resort presents the third annual Ka'anapali Fresh, a two-day summer event highlighting Ka'anapali as the premium spot for exquisite cuisine, meaningful experiences, and superb activities, August 39 and 30, 2014. The entire resort comes together to offer visitors exciting opportunities to sample chefs’ menus, learn about Grown on Maui products with Maui’s farmers, savor the beauty of Ka'anapali, play on the beach, and simply enjoy the rich history of the land. Only Ka'anapali offers this unique culmination of culinary creativity, memorable experience, and array of choices in land- and ocean adventure. Mark your calendars today!
Schedule of Events
Friday, August 29, 2014
- Maui Farm Tours - Maui farms are expanding and multiplying. We’re currently working with our farming community to make farm tours available throughout your stay. Keep checking back for more farm tour information.
5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Ahaaina O Kaanapali - $86.61 (Minimum age 21 years; identification required.)This one of a kind evening feast will take you on a journey that follows the evolution of dining in Hawai‘i. As the sun goes down over the ocean, watch the arrival of a flotilla of canoes, including Lahaina’s double-hulled voyaging vessel, on Ka‘anapali Beach. Witness Hawaiian protocol through chants and the exchange of gifts from tropical waters and the land. This traditional Hawaiian ceremony signals the start of the ?aha?aina. Take a journey through three distinctive ages: Old Hawaii, the Golden Era, and Modern Hawaii, through food, specialty cocktails, music and dance. Discover the clean, natural flavors of fish, limu, sweet potatoes and kalo from Old Hawai‘i, savor farm-raised beef, pork and sweet golden pineapple in tribute to Hawai‘i’s Golden Era, and indulge in the exotic seasonings and innovative combination of cultures in Hawai‘i Regional Cuisine of today. Enjoy Hawaiian music, hula and chant with Maui’s award-winning entertainer, Napua Greig, and Halau Na Lei Kaumaka O Uka. Check In: Westin Maui Resort & Spa Front Lobby for directions to venue.
Saturday, August 30, 2014
7:30am – 11:30am
- Kaanapali Fresh ~ Grown on Maui Farmers Market
We recognize that fresh and local matter. Meet Maui’s farmers and food producers at our open-air market by the Ka‘anapali beachwalk in Whalers Village. Shop for colorful root vegetables and field greens, tropical fruits, free-range eggs and crisp micro-greens. Sample coffees from the Maui Coffee Growers Association and enjoy cooking demonstrations and breakfast items for purchase. Free admission. Free parking with validation from market.
11:30am – 1:30pm
Two award-winning mixologists will entertain and educate as they build craft cocktails with Maui’s finest ingredients. Chandra Lucariello, director of Mixology for Southern Wine & Spirits of Hawai‘i and
Vice President for the USBG Hawaii (United State Bartender Guild), will focus on the latest integration of craft beers into some of our favorite “go to” cocktails. Freddie Sconfienza, of The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, will explore the winning concoctions that earned him the title of Starwood Hotels & Resorts’ Star Mixologist two years in a row: Hokulani/Heavenly Star and Dragonberry Bomb.
Sip/Laugh/Love these creatively infused cocktails and enjoy a savory lunch prepared by the Sheraton’s talented chefs, while relaxing on Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa’s Ocean Lawn. This event sells out early!
6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Signature Kaanapali Fresh Food & Wine Festival Kaanapali from Range to Sea, Signature Culinary Event $181.11 (Minimum age 21 years; identification required.)
Hawaiians of old set the standard for green and responsible living in their land division system, known as the ahupua‘a. In this signature event, Ka‘anapali chefs and restaurants collaborate in their showcase of culinary sustainability to create a memorable dining extravaganza. The chefs use the island’s harvest from the range, underground, above ground and from the sea. Maui’s food producers bring grass-fed beef, heritage pork and lamb, island fish, and farm produce to create an unforgettable culinary experience. Explore these mouth-watering treasures, paired with boutique wines from the world’s leading vintners. Enhancing the tropical setting will be popular and superstar talent from Hawai‘i — get ready to free your soul and celebrate! Royal Ka‘anapali Golf Course’s scenic hole 3
Sunday, August 31, 2014
6:00pm – 10:00pm
The Malama Maui gala offers another unforgettable evening of delectable food and incredible wines, this time with a “who’s who” of internationally acclaimed master chefs, highlighting Maui grown products. This second annual dinner is a prelude to the Hawai‘i Food & Wine Festival on O‘ahu, co-chaired by venerable chefs, Roy Yamaguchi and Alan Wong. Hosted by Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa.
Friday, August 29 – Monday, September 1, 2014
- UFO Parasail will donate a portion of each direct-booked activity to the Maui Food Bank.
For more information and to reserve tickets please visit kaanapalifresh.com