Black Rock Steak & Seafood
Signature Pine-Apple Pie
Makes 2 Servings
2 Granny Smith Apples
¼ Medium Maui Gold Pineapple
2 oz Unsalted Butter
2 tsp Granulated Sugar
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 ¼ tsp Lemon Juice
1 7-inch Round Sheet of Puff Pastry (Pre-Made)
(Optional) Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F
2. Peel and core apples and slice into uniformed pieces (½” by ½”)
3. Peel and slice pineapple into uniformed pieces (½” by ½”)
4. Butter 6-inch baking pan with 1 oz. of butter
3. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl
5. Place sliced apple and pineapple into a mixing bowl, add cinnamon-sugar mixture and lemon juice
6. Place ingredients into a baking pan and place the puff pastry over the top of pan covering tightly. Using two fingers in a pinching manner, crimp edges of pastry to form a decorative design.
7. With the tip of a knife puncture four small holes into the center of pie.
8. Place pie in oven for 15 – 17 minutes until golden brown. Remove the pie from the oven and immediately place a round plate over the top of the pie. Turn the pie pan and plate upside down and remove the pie pan. Cut into 4 pieces and serve with vanilla ice cream.